Monday, July 27, 2009

Chinese at restaurant. Mon, Jul 27, 2009.

07/27/2009. 1170. I went a bit out of my way to a Chinese restaurant. I found it a couple weeks ago while scouting for restaurants, but haven't actually eaten there before. It's one of those walk-up-to-the-counter-and-order kind of places. After I finished eating, I went back to the counter and offered the employee a Simplified Chinese Book of Mormon and a Chinese Liahona magazine, and she reluctantly accepted them. She declined the English Book of Mormon. Since she wasn't enthusiastic about the Chinese edition, I didn't push the bilingual aspect of reading the Chinese and English copies together.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7/28/2009 12:52:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You planted a seed. Who knows - maybe the next time she moves, she'll pick up that dusty old Book of Mormon and wonder what it's all about. Or maybe her kids will. Who knows. But now that it's there, it's only a matter of time before it finds soil it can take root in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home