Saturday, July 11, 2009

Two baptisms. Sat, Jul 11, 2009.

07/11/2009. Journal entry. A man and his wife were baptized tonight. I met the man back in April of 2007. It's interesting to read what I wrote about him from my first impression over two years ago. He called me back in December 2008, and started investigating that month.

That makes three so far (that I know of), out of about 1200 encounters. Not very efficient, a baptism per 400 encounters.

Update, July 12, 2009: Another way of looking at it is that he was about my 812th encounter, making a baptism every 270 encounters. They were confirmed today in Sacrament meeting.

Next installment in the story here.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7/12/2009 02:18:00 PM, Blogger Ryan Mercer said...

Awesome! Oh, I sent an email out on the Indy4th list, I'm trying to find people who will let me tape their testimony for YouTube. Cross your fingers!

 
At 7/12/2009 08:08:00 PM, Blogger Jana said...

The worth of souls is great.

 
At 7/15/2009 09:42:00 AM, Blogger Brian Duffin said...

Bookslinger,

Perhaps you have forgotten about another notable "failure", Samuel Smith.

As the first missionary for the Church, he placed a mere two copies of the Book of Mormon. One with Rhoda Green and the other with Phineas Young. Brigham Young soon came into posession of one of the boooks and the rest, as they say, is history!

The worth of souls is indeed great. I'm not sure you can understand in this lifetime the impact your work has had on the kingdom.

You are an inspiration to us all, Bookslinger. Thank you for your example.

 
At 7/31/2009 12:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as I can tell, my missionary efforts have resulted in two families becoming more involved in their own churches, one friend "investigating" atheism, one family leaving the church, and one teenager who joined the church, came home early from a mission, and has left the church.

And every one of these people has become a dear, treasured friend. We help each other through the ups and downs of life, bear testimony to each other, and truly love about each other. Maybe it hasn't "paid off" in terms of baptisms, but I do feel like I've found true brothers and sisters. I really, really love these people.

Angie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home