Saturday, May 16, 2009

Take out the trash = Book of Mormon placement. Sat, May 16, 2009.

05/16/2009. 1144. When it rains, it pours. I was already blown away today. I already had three encounters, giving out material to 5 people in 5 languages. But the day wasn't over. Late in the evening, I took some trash out to the dumpster. And there was a taxi waiting in the driveway of the apartment complex. There's only one taxi company in town that has almost entirely caucasian-American drivers. But this taxi wasn't that company. All the other companies employ or contract mainly African immigrant drivers. So chances were that the driver was from Africa.

I saw the taxi on the way to the dumpster, and at first I was going to blow the opportunity off, thinking it's late (almost 11:00pm), his fare will be here too quick. But on the way back to my apartment, I got that antsy feeling that this would indeed be a missed opportunity. I could feel myself struggling against the Spirit. So I decided to back up and go for it.

I turned around, and walked back to the driver's side of the taxi. He rolled down the window, and I asked where he was originally from. Guinea. 2nd guy from Guinea today. So I asked if he spoke Fulani. Bingo! And French too. So I offered him material from church, and made sure he knew it was Christian material, because he's Muslim. He agreed to receive it, so I hurried back home, retrieved a Fulani Gospel Fundamentals, Fulani JS Testimony pamphlet, French Book of Mormon, an English Book of Mormon, and a multi-lingual Together Forever DVD. I got there just as his fares were getting into his van. He accepted all but the JST pamphlet and the English Book of Mormon. And we finished our transaction just as the last passenger got in and closed the door. Perfect timing.

Maybe the fares got a spillover of the story from him. I'm not sure what all they heard. But I hope they asked him what I gave him, and he can say "a French Book of Mormon, and some book in my tribal language, Fulani."

I have to believe that the Lord set that one up, and His timing was perfect, down to the second.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5/20/2009 07:55:00 AM, Blogger Bradpetehoops said...

Book of Mormon is a wonderful tool.

 
At 5/22/2009 02:06:00 PM, Anonymous Mike said...

Awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home