Monday, April 27, 2009

Yeah! Another slinger of books.

Vearl McBride of Roanoke Virginia has given out hundreds of copies of the Book of Mormon to strangers too. He's been doing it since January 2005. Yippee! I'm not the only one.

3 Comments:

At 4/29/2009 09:31:00 AM, Blogger Stephen said...

Neat. Now if he will blog on it as well. ;)

 
At 5/08/2009 06:22:00 AM, Blogger Ryan Mercer said...

How many do you estimate to have given out?

 
At 5/08/2009 11:03:00 PM, Blogger Bookslinger said...

1135 encounters - 10% who decline to receive material.

I estimate 10% of encounters had 2 or more people, each getting their own material (not just husband/wife). So add back in 10%.

That means 1135 successful placements of something.

I estimate 80% of the successful placements were a Book of Mormon, the other 20% being a Gospel Fundamentals, video, Liahona magazine, or Bible.

80% * 1135 = 908 people receiving a Book of Mormon.

Most people received at least two. Some even three or more.

So 900 actual Book of Mormon placements, and at least 1800 copies given out.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home