Friday, April 03, 2009

Ukrainian at restaurant. Fri, Apr 3, 2009.

04/03/2009. 1130. I had a late lunch at an ethnic restaurant that I haven't been to in a long while. I forget if I had attempted a book placement here or not. Part way through my meal two young adult women sat at the booth next to mine. They were speaking a language that sounded like Russian. But I picked up the word "Ukrainian" in their conversation, so I supposed that was their language.

I had already paid my tab and was reading a magazine when they got ready to leave. Just before they left I asked if they were speaking Ukrainian. They said yes. So I asked if they still liked to read Ukrainian and they said yes. I then offered a free book from church in Ukrainian, and said I had a copy with me in the car, and offered to show it to them. They were going to shop at the store next door anyway, so they waited a few seconds while I retrieved it from the trunk of my car.

They were very interested and asked a couple questions. I pointed out my calling card inside the book, and the 800 number if they wanted another copy. They didn't want an English copy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home