Thursday, March 19, 2009

Japanese to missionaries. Thu, Mar 19, 2009.

03/19/2009. Journal entry. I was on the way home from an older-adult Institute class and stopped at a gas station near home. There were two short-haired young guys in suits gassing up their car at the pump in front of me. Yup, they were missionaries. They struck up a conversation about my car, and I continued the conversation while I was thinking of how to pimp them. They were not our ward's missionaries, and I was wondering if they were the zone leaders who have seen me, or whether they didn't know me.

Anyway, I decided to play it straight and not yank their chain. And showed them the Book of Mormon collection in the trunk of my car.

One asked if I had a Japanese Book of Mormon, so I got it out. He said that the other elders that they live with had a Japanese investigator and that the mission office couldn't get them a Japanese Book of Mormon. Apparently it was temporarily out of stock at Salt Lake.

We got into a "wow, that's a coincidence" conversation for a while. Two missionaries in need of a Japanese Book of Mormon, just happen to run into someone who's probably the only guy in town with a Japanese Book of Mormon in his car. There were no spiritual promptings to bring us together, it just happened. They were duly impressed.

Anyway, when I realized it was about 9pm, I broke off the conversation and told them to get on back to their apartment.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3/20/2009 01:36:00 AM, Blogger Weston Krogstadt said...

Great job.

 
At 3/26/2009 09:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am impressed by your journal/blog.

I blog at Foxpsorts.com and I try to incorporate all good things with sports.

Thanks again, love the BOM, Jesus and His Church.

Clinch

PS: I am from Bloomington down the road, now live in VA.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/edclinchsaint

 
At 3/27/2009 04:43:00 PM, Blogger Lacey said...

Amazing. The Lord uses those who are prepared to serve Him. Spiritual prompting or not, I'm sure that was an answer to someone's prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home