Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Vietnamese at store. Tue, Mar 10, 2009.

03/10/2009. 1122. After eating I went to a nearby close-out for more shopping, and as I was checking out, an Asian family came in: a little girl, mom, and grandma. I got out of the checkout line, went over to them and politely asked what language they were speaking. They said Vietnamese. I offered them Vietnamese and English books and magazines from church, and they were very interested, both the two adults who wanted to learn more English and the little girl who wanted to learn to read Vietnamese. Of the three, the little girl (about 8 to 10) spoke the best English. I put my basket down and went out to the car and brought back in a Vietnamese and the corresponding English Liahona (a conference issue), and Vietnamese and English copies of the Book of Mormon. I went back in and found them again, and all three were excited to receive the bilingual material. They accepted both of the magazines and both of the books. The mom indicated she'd like to visit the church, so I pointed out the nearest chapel on the the flyer I put in the books. She volunteered her cell-phone number, so I'll give her referral to the mission office.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home