Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wolof, French, Punjabi at gas station. Wed, Jan 23, 2008.

01/23/2008. 979. I stopped and had supper on the way home from Institute. Then along the way home, I received a spiritual "tug" towards a gas station that I saw on a cross street about a block over. The tug wasn't obvious until it was too late to turn at that intersection, so I had to go a little further before I could turn back.

I bought a couple small items I could use anyway. My cashier was from Senegal, and spoke French and Wolof. And the other cashier was from India and spoke Punjabi.

I haven't restocked my car since the road trip, but I did have a computer case filled with one each of almost all translations of the Joseph Smith Testimony pamphlets, and a box of Liahona magazines in the car.

I took in Wolof and English copies of the Joseph Smith Testimony pamphlet and a French Liahona for the one cashier; and Punjabi and English copies of the Joseph Smith Testimony pamphlet for the other cashier. They accepted them, except the Punjabi cashier declined the English pamphlet.

I told them I'd come back with more material another day. The man from Senegal was very delighted to receive the material.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home