Friday, January 11, 2008

Pass-along card, Bengali, at airport. Fri, Jan 11, 2008.

01/11/2008. 939. I was at an airport (not Indianapolis) to change planes, and noticed a sky-cap or other airport employee who looked South Asian (India or Pakistan). As I was hoping to give out the Urdu Book of Mormon, I stopped to ask him what languages he spoke. He spoke several, but his main language other than English was Bengali (also known as Bangla).

I showed him the Urdu Book of Mormon anyway, explaining that I was looking for someone who spoke Urdu, but he didn't know any off hand. He did show curiosity in the book, so I got out a customized Book of Mormon pass-along card, and gave it to him, explaining that he could call the toll-free number and get a copy in Bengali. He accepted the card, and seemed interested.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home