Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Chinese and Korean at Institute. Wed, Jan 23, 2008.

01/23/2008. Journal Entry. I felt inspired to go to the YSA Institute tonight. They allow older folks to occasionally sit in on classes as long as it's not too crowded.

Afterwards, I talked a bit with the Institute teacher, and found out he was taking copies of the Book of Mormon to Chinese restaurants too. So I gave him two of my copies, one Simplified Script, and one Traditional, and explained the difference to him. These were already marked with Post-It Notes(tm) at 3 Nephi chapter 11, and Moroni 10:3-5, and had some other inserts that I wanted him to see. I also gave him a Chinese Liahona magazine (the international version of the Ensign), along with the corresponding English edition of the Liahona, to also take to restaurants.

There was another student there who had served a mission in Korea not too long ago, so I asked him if he knew of the Korean restaurants in town. He didn't, so I wrote down their names for him, and gave him a web site where he could look up the addresses. And I also explained that most Japanese restaurants in town are owned/run by Koreans. I then gave him an extra Korean Book of Mormon, and a couple copies of the Korean Liahona that I had in my car.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home