Wednesday, July 25, 2007

French at fast food drive-through. Wed, Jul 25, 2007.

07/25/2007. 854. I was on my way to a friend's house and stopped for lunch at a fast food restaurant, and ordered at the drive-through. As I paid, the cashier saw the mess of Liahona magazines scattered on the back seat of my car. He asked if I sold magazines. I said no, that I gave them away, and that the magazines were from my church and in foreign languages. The young man didn't speak with a foreign accent, and when I asked, he said he didn't speak any foreign languages. But I took a guess and asked him if he took any French classes in school. He said he did take French when he was in High School. So I offered him a magazine in French, and he agreed to accept it. So I reached back and quickly found a French copy of the Liahona, still in it's mailing wrapper, and handed it to him. There was another car behind me, so there wasn't time to chat any further. I don't think I had the same issue of the English Liahona, otherwise I would have tried to find it and offer them as a pair.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home