Thursday, July 12, 2007

Wolof at store. Thu, Jul 12, 2007.

07/12/2007. 848. On my way home from a meeting, I was kind of hungry and wanted a snack. I pulled into a little shopping center, looking for a store that would be open where I could buy a small snack. There was a major chain store, open 24 hours, there too, and it occurred to me that I could also stock up on some items for my "year's supply" that might be on sale.

This was one of those cases where I thought, but wasn't sure that I was slightly impressed or prompted of the Spirit to stop there.

The items were on sale, but I didn't have enough cash, so I just bought a quick snack.

When I paid for my item, the cashier spoke with an accent, so I asked where he was from. He said Senegal, so I asked, in French, if he spoke French and Wolof. He did. I offered the Wolof Sunday School manual (Gospel Fundamentals), and he agreed to see it, so I said I'd bring it in from the car.

I took my purchase to the car, and brought in the Wolof and English Gospel Fundamentals, and a "Together Forever" multi-lingual DVD which includes a French audio track.

He seemed pleasantly surprised and enthusiastic about the material. The other cashier was curious too. There were no other customers in line when I went back in so we didn't delay anyone.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7/14/2007 10:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I just stumbled across your blog... this is great! I am the ward mission leader in the ward, I think after I gave away a case of BOM's over the course of a couple of years. I am always looking for great stories to share with ward members about the ways the gospel is being shared. Thanks for sharing. I'll keep up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home