Friday, July 06, 2007

Pass-along card at gas station. Fri, Jul 6, 2007.

07/06/2007. Journal Entry. On my way to lunch I stopped at a gas station that I don't think I've been to before. If I have, I don't believe I've attempted any placements here. I bought a newspaper to read during lunch. The cashier spoke with an accent indicating he might be from India. I asked if he was from India, and he said his family was from there, but he was born here. He grew up speaking Punjabi and English here in the states, but didn't read Punjabi.

I said the reason I asked was because my church had free books in Punjabi and English. I offered him a customized pass-along card with a hand-written "Hindi / Punjabi" on it, and suggested to pass it along if he knew anyone who might be interested. At some point I also mentioned that the material is Christian religious material. He accepted the card.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7/11/2007 09:30:00 PM, Blogger Bookslinger said...

Nate: Let's keep that conversation at Mormanity. I don't want to double-post things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home