Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Korean at restaurant. Tue, Jul 17, 2007.

07/17/2007. 849. I was hungry and just had to eat, so I stopped at a fast food restaurant for supper on the way home. I didn't have enough cash for a regular restaurant.

I ordered, paid and went to get my drink. Near the self-serve soda machine were sitting two Asian ladies speaking what sounded like Korean.

I sat at the next table over from them, and watched the news on the TV on the wall while I ate.

Before I finished eating I put my glasses on the table, and went out to the car to retrieve a couple copies of the Korean Liahona magazine.

(The reason you leave your jacket or your glasses at the table is so that the servers won't clear away your food thinking that you've left.)

After I finished eating I stopped by the ladies' table on my way out, and offered the magazines. Both were pleasant and accepted the magazines. One of them became kind of chatty and continued the conversation by asking more questions. She was very sweet. I also gave them a couple pass-along cards that have the local mission office phone number on them. I probably could have stayed longer to chat, but I didn't want to be too intrusive.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home