Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Chinese x 3 at buffet. Wed, Nov 22, 2006.

11/22/2006. Journal entry. I had lunch at a buffet that I haven't been to in a while. I'm not sure if I had the same waitress as before who declined to receive material. I placed three Books of Mormon on the table (Chinese, Chinese Simplified, and English), and the waitress saw them, but I made no verbal presentation. This place was pretty nice and reasonably priced with the coupon that I used. I thought I was prompted to go there, but either I was mistaken, or I blew an opportunity, or maybe just having the books "on display" may have been okay.

11/22/2006. 755. I had supper at a different buffet. I was on my way home from doing errands, passed by this place, and this seemed like a prompting too. This restaurant was not as upscale as the one I had lunch at. There was only one waitress and she was working pretty hard taking care of the dinner crowd. I placed the same three books on the table. When she came by I made the presentation, and she was interested, or at least curious. I didn't want to engage her too long since she was busy, but I also offered her more pairs for other employees. She was from mainland China, and I only had three copies in Simplified characters (catalog suffix -266), so I offered her two more for the others. She accepted them, and took them back to her waitress station before continuing on with work. She showed them and explained them to one of the other employees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home