Saturday, November 18, 2006

Contact to investigator to convert. A baptism! Sat, Nov 18, 2006.

11/18/2006. Yes! He got baptized tonight! A young man who investigated the church got baptized. (I don't want to give his country of origin or other identifiers in order to respect his privacy.)

He has friends in other cities who are members. I was not his first contact with the church. But I think I was his first contact in Indianapolis when I gave him a pair of Books of Mormon, and he started formally investigating here. While receiving the missionary lessons, he was very accepting and a "golden investigator". He was so golden that I kept thinking something was going to happen and he'd change his mind.

Earlier this week, I made contact with a member in a nearby ward who served a mission in this man's home country. The RM moved into this area just a few weeks ago. He and his wife attended the baptism tonight. He spoke to the new member and his family in their native language.

Wow. Wow. Wow. I am so happy for this man, and for the ward.

The only tinge of sorrow is on my part. As I sat in the baptismal service, I felt about 2 inches tall knowing I was unavailable to perform the ordinance of baptism if he had requested it of me, as I have not been rebaptized myself yet. But such feelings should serve well to remind me not to stray off the path in the future.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11/19/2006 04:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bookslinger, that is terrific! I'm very happy for you, what a wonderful event. You're an inspiration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home