Sunday, January 22, 2006

Indonesian to missionaries, Chinese. Sun, Jan 22, 2006.

01/22/2006. Between meetings one of the sets of missionaries in our ward said they are teaching a man from Indonesia, and asked if I had a Book of Mormon in that language. I got him one from my car. They can special order them through the mission office, but it would take at least 3 weeks.

I met a brother visiting from Idaho, and he said he would be driving back this week. I asked if he ever ate at Chinese restaurants, and he said yes. I gave him three Books of Mormon in Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and English and suggested he stop at a Chinese restaurant along the way. I explained how Simplified Chinese was created by the communist government to promote literacy, and is therefore for people from China proper. And that Traditional Chinese is for people from outside of China, such as Taiwan, Hong Kong, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home