Saturday, January 21, 2006

Sad story about a Triple.

I purchased a used Triple combination on Ebay from a reputable book-seller in Utah. There were inscriptions in it, indicating a married couple, their birthdates, the date of their marriage, and the names and birthdates of two children. The inscription date was in 1982.

I did a search on their names at Google.com. The father is currently an inmate in a Federal Correctional Institution. He's been there for several years, and will be there for many more. The oldest son, who was under 2 years old when the book was inscribed, is in a county jail in Utah.

Part of the family's story can be found in legal documents on the web. It's sad.

The book is in near mint condition, so I doubt it was in their family for a long time. But the father, on his prison-pen-pal web page, claims to be LDS.

I'm going to offer the book to the son, and if he doesn't want it, I'll see if I can offer it to the father. It may remind them of happier times.

1 Comments:

At 11/12/2007 01:42:00 PM, Blogger Bookslinger said...

Follow-up. I couldn't track down the son. He was transfered out of, or released from the place I found him online. And I learned that I wouldn't be able to send it to the father in prison anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home