Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Moment #509. Donation to Library book sale. Tue, Jan 17, 2006.

01/17/2006. Today I mailed out a package containing some books to a libary in a neighboring county. A few days ago I read in an old newspaper that they had regular book sales, so I called to see if they were still accepting donations, and get their mailing address. I wasn't sure if it was a prompting or my own idea, but the idea impressed itself upon me to the point where I decided to act upon it.

I sent them a hardback Book of Mormon, an inexpensive used quadruple combination that I had purchased on Ebay, Gospel Principles, Our Heritage, True to the Faith, a "Joy to the World" DVD, and an English/Spanish "Finding Faith in Christ" DVD.

If nothing else, it put me at the Post Office at the right time to meet the Indonesian man.

3 Comments:

At 1/18/2006 07:04:00 PM, Blogger NFlanders said...

At every used book sale I go to, there are always a couple ratty Books of Mormon languishing on the Religion table. Now I know who to blame for this.

 
At 1/18/2006 08:52:00 PM, Blogger Bookslinger said...

That's why I always give away the hard-cover editions, good ones too.

 
At 1/19/2006 12:51:00 AM, Blogger NFlanders said...

That's good. The paperback ones just do not hold up well at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home