Friday, December 16, 2005

Moment #503. Chinese at buffet. Fri, Dec 16, 2005.

12/16/2005. I went to an upscale Chinese buffet for supper on the west side. It's been a few years since I've been to this one, and it has changed ownership and been remodeled since then.

The employees were Asian, Caucasian, and Hispanic. I put out the two kinds of Chinese Books of Mormon, plus English and Spanish on my table as I ate. I think some of them noticed, but no one said anything, and I didn't start any conversations.

On my way out, I asked one of the Asian ladies at the cashier counter if they were from China or Taiwan, and she said China. I offered her a free Simplified Chinese Book of Mormon, and it caught her attention and that of the other lady behind the counter. I offered an English, but they declined. Not knowing their level of English, I was going to explain more about the English copy, to see if they would like to use it to improve their English. But more customers came in at that moment, and it would have been awkward to continue talking.

Maybe I could have stayed around a bit while the customers paid, because one lady attended them, and the other started flipping through the Book of Mormon. It might be worth a trip back there. The food was very good. They had a nice selection of sushi, and a Mongolian grill setup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home