Monday, August 09, 2010

Missed op at McDonald's, Mon, Aug 9, 2010.

08/09/2010. Journal entry. Missed opportunity. I stopped at a McDonald's on my way home, and got hit up by a beggar before I even got out of the car. He was smooth about it too, going into his long sad story before asking for money. I actually said "get to the point" a few times because he was so hung up on telling his manipulative story. Needing to get a tire fixed seems to be a common ruse, they're from the next town over, lost their cell phone, or they're new in town and don't have any friends, or had their keys stolen. No matter what you ask them about other solutions, there's always a problem with whatever you suggest, and the ONLY thing that can help them out is a few dollars,

I ended up giving him a few bucks anyway, which I usually don't do. He was a good player. But I completely spaced out on giving him a church video. I should have given him a couple, and said to sell them to raise the money he needed. Even with just the few dollars, I should have given him a business card with the chapel's address and the missionaries' phone number on it.

One of the keys that tells you that you're being played is when they dominate the conversation and are so emotionally manipulative.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home