Sunday, March 21, 2010

Missed opportunity, Sat, Mar 20, 2010.

03/20/2010. Journal entry. I had just done some shopping at Wal-Mart, and at the stop light at the main street out front, there was a homeless man sitting on the grass with a sign. At first I thought to ignore him, but then decided to give him one of the apples and one of the oranges I had just bought. So I turned to the right instead of the left, circled back, parked in the parking lot of the adjoining business, got out two pieces of fruit, and walked over and offered them to him. He accepted them.

And I completely forgot to offer him any church material! I'm losing my touch, or else losing my mind.

In the past, what I've done for beggars is to give them a video, and suggest they sell it for a dollar. So that way, they'll pass it along (sell it) to someone who might watch it, or they themselves might watch it before selling it. Sometimes, I include a $1.00 with the video.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3/22/2010 10:17:00 AM, Blogger artemisandollie said...

I was going to email you but didn't see your contact info. I understand if it's personal and you don't want to answer but why are you not a member? it seems like such a disconnect to me to proselytize, ostensibly to convert people to membership, but to not be a member yourself. I don't mean any disrespect, I'm just curious.

 
At 3/22/2010 05:24:00 PM, Blogger Bookslinger said...

Email is at the top of the side-bar, underneath the Digg-submit button. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home