Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Old Testament reading schedule.

I'm reading the Old Testament this year. I like a schedule to read so many pages per day. Rather than do the calculations each day (1184 pages divided by 360 days gives 3.29 pages per day) and figuring out the day number of the year, I did a spreadsheet and printed out a chart to keep in my Bible.

It will print on one page if you set your "page setup" borders to .5" margins, and turn off headers and footers. HTML version here. XLS (MS-Works) version here. The latter might also work with MS-Excel.

The spreadsheet formula makes it adaptable to any book. Change cell B1 to the number of days in which you want to finish (assuming you start January 1). Change cell D1 to the number of pages. (And no, I didn't allow for leap year.)

This schedule does not follow the reading assignments for the current OT Gospel Doctrine class. The HTML Old Testament class member study guide is here. The PDF teacher's manual is here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2/17/2010 01:15:00 AM, Blogger Shankar said...

Excellent resource. Thank you for taking the time to do this. Of course, it does mean spending as much time reading Deuteronomy and Numbers as it does Isaiah and the Psalms, but speaking as one who is still trying to get through the Old Testament in one go (I got as far as 2 Kings last time), I think it will help me achieve that goal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home