Saturday, February 20, 2010

African language at store. Fri, Feb 19, 2010.

02/19/2010. 1234. I had been shopping at a store and was about to leave when a man came in and spoke to one of the clerks. He spoke with an accent so I hung around a little bit. I struck up a conversation with him on his way out. I didn't have anything in his language, but I thought I had something in his wife's language. He met me outside at my car, but I couldn't find what I was looking for in my car supply. I had run out! Or at least I had forgotten to restock the car in that language. I asked for his name and address, and said I could mail it to him. I gave him my card, and he gave me his name and mailing address. I also gave him the name and phone number of a local woman who runs a humanitarian foundation in his native country.

At home I found the material, and will mail it to him. I think this was the first time I've actually asked for someone's address. He requested that I mail them instead of drop them off, so that's what I'll do.

It's been awhile since I've made any placement attempts. It's easy to get out of practice. That, plus I've cut back on eating out and shopping at new places. I think it's important to actively seek to create opportunities in order to maintain the right mind-set and keep the momentum going.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home