Friday, May 29, 2009

Hindi at restaurant. Declined at gas station. Fri, May 29, 2009.

05/29/2009. 1148. For lunch, I went to an Indian restaurant that I hadn't been to before. Pretty good food and service. On one of her trips to my table, I offered the waitress/hostess a Hindi Book of Mormon and a Hindi Liahona, which she accepted. But she declined to receive an English Book of Mormon. (I had forgot to bring in an English copy with me.)

1149. On my way home, I stopped at a gas station for some soda for the drive back, and just to see if there might be an opportunity. The cashier seemed Hispanic, so I asked, in Spanish, if he spoke Spanish. He smiled and said no. He was from India and spoke Punjabi and Hindi. I didn't have any Punjabi material with me, so I offered a Hindi book from church, without saying it was the Book of Mormon. He politely declined. I'll have to stop back there in the future and see if he might be interested in a Punjabi Gospel Fundamentals.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home