Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Spanish at restaurant. Tue, Feb 17, 2009.

02/17/2009. 1112. After doing some stuff at the storehouse I stopped at a Mexican restaurant for supper on my way to another appointment. I think I took in only the Liahona magazine, an English and a Spanish copy.

I didn't offer the waitress anything, but after paying at the cashier station, I offered the cashier/manager the Spanish Liahona first, which he accepted, and then the English copy of the same issue, which he also graciously accepted.

I've learned that it's easy to get out of practice. The last couple times I've offered anything were where the waitress noticed the material on the table and initiated the conversation, freeing me from the natural fear of starting a conversation.

I think I need to make sure I eat out at least once a week, and keep in practice by initiating conversations. Habits are easy to get into, both the habit of non-speaking and the habit of speaking.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home