Thursday, January 22, 2009

Yoruba, Amharic at stores. Thu, Jan 22, 2009.

01/22/2009. 1107. I was driving some investigators around to do some shopping as they don't have a car. At one store, the cashier was from Nigeria and spoke Yoruba. I offered, and he accepted Yoruba and English copies of the Book of Mormon. I had them in the car, so I retrieved them and presented them there.

1108. At a different store, I struck up a conversation with someone who was speaking a foreign language with her family. They also spoke Yoruba. I was out of Yoruba books, but we chatted a while. She mentioned that one of her teachers at school was from Ethiopia. I asked if she'd like to give him a free Amharic book from my church, and she agreed. I retrieved an Amharic Book of Mormon from the car, and presented it to her, and showed her the info flyer and pass-along card, and said she could call one of those numbers and get one in Yoruba and English too.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home