Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas DVD's. Tue, Dec 23, 2008.

12/23/2008. 1099. I took my car to the dealer for some work, but they were short-staffed and couldn't get to it today. Before I left, I offered the service rep a copy of the "Joy to the World" DVD. She gladly accepted it.

1100, 1101, 1102. After leaving the dealer, I started on another errand, and felt a spiritual tug to turn down a certain cross-street. I drove past a retirement community complex, and felt another spiritual tug to go there, so I turned around and entered the complex. There were three main buildings or centers, each with a different level of independent or assisted living. I went into each one, and offered a staff person or receptionist a pair of DVDs of "Mr. Krueger's Christmas" and "Joy to the World" and just said I'd like to donate them to their activity center. I described "Joy to the World" as a Nativity DVD with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. And I described "Mr. Krueger's Christmas" as featuring Jimmy Stewart and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

At all three places they gratefully accepted them.

I felt like that satisfied the "assignment" so I went back on my way to do the errand I had in mind.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12/24/2008 02:11:00 AM, Blogger Shankar said...

Thanks for this inspiring blog. I explored it a little more today, and found out about the nuts and bolts of how you do this, in addition to the spiritual motivation. Merry Christmas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home