Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Punjabi at gas station. Tue, Jun 2, 2009.

06/02/2009. 1153. After volunteering at the storehouse, I stopped for gas on the way home, at a place I've been to before, but not regularly. I paid at the pump, but afterwards went inside to buy some stuff in hopes of having a book placement opportunity. The cashier seemed to be from India, so I asked, and he said he was. I asked what languages he spoke, and he said Punjabi. I asked if I had already given him one of my church's books in Punjabi, and he said no, so I offered him one, and he agreed to accept it. I went out to the car and retrieved Punjabi and English copies of Gospel Fundamentals, and Punjabi and English copies of the Joseph Smith testimony pamphlet. I presented them, making sure he was aware that they were Christian religious material, which was okay with him, and he graciously accepted them. I pointed out that there were phone numbers in them that he could call if he wanted more information.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home