Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Twi, Wolof. Tue, May 20, 2008.

05/20/2008. 1025. On my way to dinner I stopped at a small store that I hadn't been to in a while. I've been there before, but I had forgotten if I had offered them any material. I bought some stuff that I normally eat. The couple behind the counter had some friends from Ghana who spoke Twi, and they thought it would be nice to give their friends the Twi and English copies of the Book of Mormon that I offered them. I also pointed out the phone numbers that they could call to get more free copies.



05/21/2008. 1026. I then had supper at a Mexican restaurant that I haven't been to in a long time, at least since before I started this book placement thing. I took in some material: a couple videos, a Spanish Bible, and a Spanish Book of Mormon. The waitress/cashier was very busy, and I didn't see any convenient, easy and non-intrusive way of making a presentation, so I didn't.

Outside, as I went to my car, there was a man walking by as if he were on break from a nearby office. We were in conversation distance, and since I really enjoyed the meal I just had, I asked if he had ever been there. At that point, my only intention was to recommend the restaurant to him. I think he said no, he hadn't eaten there. Anyway, I recommended the place as having good food.

I noticed the man spoke with an accent, so I asked where he was from. He said Senegal. I asked if he spoke French and Wolof and he said yes. I told him about the church's Sunday School manual in Wolof, and that I had one with me, and offered to show it to him. He agreed to see it, and was pretty impressed when I got it out of the car. He accepted the English edition too. I forgot to offer him a French Book of Mormon, or one of the DVDs with a French track.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home