Tuesday, May 06, 2008

DVD at Chinese restaurant. Tue, May 6, 2008.

05/06/2008. 1018. On my way home I stopped for supper at a Chinese restaurant that I haven't been to before. I ordered, and while waiting for the food, put out the two kinds of Chinese Book of Mormon, an English Book of Mormon, and a Chinese Liahona on the table. And I read an article in the English Liahona of the same edition as the Chinese one. When she brought the food, the waitress didn't seem to notice them. On a return trip to refill my beverage, I asked her if she liked to read Chinese. She said yes, but she didn't have time to read. She mentioned that someone comes by her house once a month to give her a Chinese magazine from a church, but it's probably another church, since she didn't say it was the same as the Liahona, but said it was smaller.

She did accept the "Together Forever" DVD that I offered her. It has a Cantonese audio track, which she speaks, and traditional Chinese script sub-titles, which are good for both Mandarin and Cantonese.

I forgot to offer "Finding Happiness" which is another good DVD for those who are not from a Christian background. So that's something to plan for next time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home