Saturday, April 12, 2008

Arabic, Spanish at gas station. Sat, Apr 12, 2008.

04/12/2008. 1013. Driving home from shopping I passed a gas station that I don't remember being to before. I felt a tug/impression to go there, but wasn't in the right lane, so I had to go on a bit and turn around.

I needed to buy some gas anyway, so I went in and prepaid. One cashier was getting off duty, and another starting. One was Hispanic, and the other looked as if he might have been from Africa, so I checked out his name tag, and his name had an Arabic spelling.

He was from Sudan and spoke Arabic. He agreed to receive an Arabic Book of Mormon, so I got out Arabic and English copies while I put gas in the car. He gratefully accepted them. The other cashier showed interest, and picked up the English copy, so I asked him if he'd like a Spanish copy. He said okay. I offered a Spanish Bible too, and he agreed to receive one. I went out and brought back Spanish and English copies of the Book of Mormon for him. I thought I had the Spanish Bible in my car, but didn't. He gratefully accepted them and flipped through them.

I went home and retrieved a Spanish Bible, and an English NIV bible for him, and went back. He was still there, and gratefully accepted those too.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home