Thursday, February 15, 2007

Tamil declined at restaurant. Thu, Feb 15, 2007.

02/15/2007. 795. A friend and I were eating our supper at a restuarant, and another customer was chatting with the cashier/waitress while waiting for his take-out order. By his appearance, he seemed to be from Southern India, but he said he was from Malaysia. (I've learned that people from India have settled throughout the rim of the Indian Ocean, from East Africa through Malaysia and Indonesia.) He and the waitress may have said something about the Vietnamese Book of Mormon I had given her.

He was a friendly and chatty person, so I decided to see if I could strike up a conversation with him on his way out. He did stop to talk to us a bit. He was very fluent in English, and you could tell he was an intelligent and up-beat man. His native language was Tamil, but he politely declined to receive a Book of Mormon in Tamil. He did accept a pass-along card though. I should have also given him one of my personal cards, because I'd like to meet him again. So I hope I run into him again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home