Saturday, January 27, 2007

Cool Romanian family at gas station. Sat, Jan 27, 2007.

01/27/2007. 786. I was on my way home from a late session at the laundromat. At a certain intersection, the Spirit indicated to take a detour, so I turned and I went exploring. It didn't occur to me that it was going to turn into a book placement, but I supposed that I was to make a reconnaissance of that area for future reference.

The detour took me past a gas station, of a brand I often patronize, and I was reminded that I hadn't gassed up the car. Had I gone straight home, I might not have remembered I needed to gas up the car for Sunday.

When I pulled in the gas station it finally dawned on me that it could also be a for a book placement. I paid at the pump, put gas in the car and went inside to buy a newspaper.

Immediately after me in line were two college-age young ladies speaking English, but with an accent. I almost thought they were hispanic, but the accent was definitely not hispanic.

While still waiting, I turned around and spoke to the one nearest me, and said "I don't recognize your accent. Where are you from?" She said she grew up here, but that her family was from Romania. I said my church has books in Romanian called the Book of Mormon, and that they're free. I offered to get one from the car and give it to her if I had one. She accepted, but later said that she'd rather have the English as she didn't really read Romanian, just spoke it. I asked about her parents, and she said they read Romanian, so I still offered her both.

After paying for the newspaper, I went out to the car and got the Romanian and the English out of the trunk. A van pulled up along side of me. It was their family, both of the girls and their parents. The young lady accepted the books, and I pointed out the phone numbers inside if they wanted more copies. Then her father asked me a question about my car, and so I talked with the father for a while about my car.

They were very nice people, and the young lady was rather enthusiastic about receiving the Book of Mormon.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1/28/2007 07:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've viewed your blog a few times, and I'm really impressed with your efforts, and your ability to follow the promptings of the spirit. Being a convert to the church, I can really appreciate thw worth of what you do. I know you're giving to others what was given to me, and that's a great thing!

I commend you for putting yourself out there, even after rejection. I don't know if I could do that.

May the spirit be with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home