Monday, May 31, 2010

Chinese at restaurant, Mon, May 31, 2010.

05/31/2010. 1240. I helped a ward family move this morning. For lunch, I planned on going to a friend's restaurant located in that general direction, but farther out of town. I noticed this Chinese restaurant on the way to the friend's restaurant, and wondered if I had been there before or if it was new.

The friend's restaurant was closed for Memorial day, so I headed back to town, and stopped at the Chinese place for lunch.

I ordered at the counter and sat down and put the two kinds of Chinese copies of the Book of Mormon, along with an English copy on my table. When the waitress/owner brought my food she didn't react to seeing the books.

After I was finished eating, I went back to the counter to buy another soda (for the road) which I bought from the husband/cook. I offered him the Chinese copy which he accepted, and he also accepted the English copy. He quickly flipped through the Chinese copy, before going towards the back and saying something to his wife in Chinese. He wasn't overly enthusiastic, but seemed genuinely grateful.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5/31/2010 07:57:00 PM, Blogger Joseph Smidt said...

You just happend to have Chinese copies of the Book of Mormon on you? Impressive!

 
At 5/31/2010 11:19:00 PM, Blogger Bookslinger said...

No. I always have a few copies of the Chinese Book of Mormon in the car. :-)

Along with about 59 other translations of the Book of Mormon, marked, labeled, stored in freezer-bags, stuffed in plastic storage boxes in the trunk, ready to go.

 
At 5/31/2010 11:56:00 PM, Blogger Dane said...

Wow, now I see why you are Bookslinger. Good work. Thank you for your example, and the reminder to be flooding the earth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home