Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Missed opportunity. Wed, Apr 8, 2009.

04/08/2009. Missed opportunity. I had just left an investigator's home with the missionaries. They were about to pull out of their parking space in their car, and I was about to pull out of my parking space too. A man walking his dog passed by. I felt some sort of desire or need to speak with him. As I pulled away, I felt my attention drawn back to him, and I looked back. In that moment I realized I was fighting a prompting of the Spirit to stop and speak to him. Instead of going back and talking to him, I chickened out and disobeyed. Oh, how much easier it would have been had I just turned off the car and got out before leaving the parking space when the idea first came to mind. Ack. I was handed an opportunity and I blew it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4/12/2009 11:09:00 PM, Blogger Inland All Cycle Cycling Club said...

Hi :) Been reading all of your different experiences. You are an inspiration thank you for sharing.

 
At 4/13/2009 04:16:00 PM, Anonymous Chas Hathaway said...

Wow! Thanks for your amazing blog. I've been reading for awhile now, and just want you to know that your experiences are helping me feel a greater desire to share the gospel with people I meet.

I served a mission in Africa, and though I've been home about 9 years, it seems like just yesterday. But somehow sharing the gospel is the scariest thing in the world to me - but your blog makes me want to try harder.

Thanks, and PLEASE keep doing it!

- Chas
http://popcorn.willowrise.com

 
At 4/13/2009 11:43:00 PM, Blogger Bookslinger said...

Chas, I know that scary feeling. That's why I don't think of it as sharing the gospel. I think of it as: offering people a free book in their native language.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home