Saturday, October 01, 2011

French at gas station. Sat, Oct 1, 2011.

10/01/2011. 1295. Between conference sessions, on my way to lunch, I stopped at a gas station to visit a friend who worked there. He wasn't there, but the cashier on duty knew him, and told me when he'd be there.

The cashier was from Benin, and spoke French and Fon, and a couple other languages in addition to English. I was out of stock of the Fon Gospel Fundamentals, but I offered him a French Book of Mormon, and a multi-lingual "Together Forever" DVD which he gratefully accepted.

The next day, while at the chapel to watch conference, I gave a copy of the Fon translation of the Joseph Smith testimony pamphlet to the missionaries for that area, and asked them to deliver it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home