Friday, August 05, 2011

Telugu at store. Fri, Aug 5, 2011.

08/05/2011. 1291. I was on my way home from volunteering at the church's local storehouse, and felt inspired to explore for new ethnic places at a certain exit off the interstate highway.

I found an Indian grocery that I hadn't been to before. I browsed around, bought some of my favorite stuff, and a couple of new things.

I chatted with the cashier, who appeared to be the owner, and I found out he spoke Telugu. I offered him a free book in Telugu from church, and he agreed to receive it. I said I might have a copy in my car. I took my purchase out to my car, and searched my boxes and found a Telugu Book of Mormon, and an old issue of the Liahona magazine in Telugu. I went back in and presented them to him, and he graciously accepted them.

I did not offer him an English Book of Mormon, but I pointed out the telephone numbers on the flyer and card (that I put in the Book of Mormon), saying he could call to get a free English copy.

I'll likely be shopping there in the future, so I'll do a follow up.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home