Saturday, May 07, 2011

Chichewa at grocery store. Sat, May 7, 2011.

05/07/2011. 1282. The grocery store was selling grilled hot dogs out front. I stopped to buy and eat one. There were several other grocery store employees out front on break. One spoke with an accent, so I asked him where he was from. He said Malawi. I asked what languages were spoken in Malawi, and he said about 15, but the main one was Chichewa.

As far as I know, the church doesn't have anything in Chichewa.

But I did have a Chichewa New Testament. (I forget where I got it from.)

I offered it to him, and he was interested, so I went back to my car and retrieved it, and presented it to him. He was able to read it, too, so that was cool.

I pointed out the list of local chapels inside, and indicated the one I go to. I didn't specifically invite him to church, I hope that was implied. But looking back, I should have made a specific invitation. Also included in the New Testament were a couple of pass-along cards, and my personal calling card.

He seemed of YSA age, so I'll look for him in the future, and invite him to the YSA branch.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home