Friday, April 29, 2011

Nepali at gas station. Fri, Apr 29, 2011.

04/29/2011. 1279. After gassing up the car, I went into the gas station to buy a newspaper. They were out, but they had some road maps that I needed.

As I paid for them, I noticed that the cashier spoke with an accent, and I asked him if he was from India. He said he was from Nepal. I asked if he still liked to read Nepali, and he said yes. So I offered a free book from church (Gospel Fundamentals) in Nepali, and he agreed to receive it.

I went out to my car and brought one back in. I was all out of English editions of Gospel Fundamentals. I also gave him a local info flyer with the chapel addresses on it, and one of my calling cards. He gratefully received them, and read the title out loud, saying it meant "Good News."

I mentioned that if he wanted to know more, he could call one of the phone numbers on the flyer, or call me. We chit chatted for a while about Nepal and then I was on my way.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home