Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Missed opportunity, Spanish Liahona at laundromat. Wed, Aug 20, 2008.

08/20/2008. Missed opportunity. I normally do laundry at night, but ended up doing a daytime trip, around lunch-time. I chose a laundromat that I hadn't been to before, but is within driving distance. There was only one other customer there, an Hispanic man, and I probably could have given him something, but I chickened out.

1056. The laundromat had a magazine rack, and all the magazines in it were in English. However, all the signs at the laundromat were bi-lingual (English/Spanish), and many of the flyers posted on the bulletin board were in Spanish.

I got a couple Spanish language Liahona magazines from the car, and went over to the attendent and asked if I could put a couple of Spanish magazines from my church in their magazine rack. She said ok. I asked if it was okay that they were religious, and she said no problem.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9/28/2008 02:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's honestly a very good idea. I have a friend that is trying to learn tagalog. Tagalog isn't a very common language in the US so she was extremely happy to get a tagalog and english Book of Mormon to help her study :) I'm sure not everyone would be as excited as she was but I speak from personal experience that studying the Book of Mormon to learn a new language is very effect tool. The Bible, although most parts are close, doesn't always have dirrect translation and is helpful but more difficult to help learn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home