Wednesday, June 11, 2008

English at restaurant. Wed, Jun 11, 2008.

06/11/2008. 1032. I had lunch at an ethnic restaurant. The waiter didn't want any material in either of his two native languages, but he did express a desire for an English Book of Mormon, so I gave him the one I took in with me. I didn't write down the event soon enough, so I forget what else I offered or that he accepted. He may have accepted a Book of Mormon in their native language for one of the other employees.

Sometimes, when people from other countries come here as children, and grow up here, they learn to speak their native language from their parents, but they never learn to read it.

It's a nice and inexpensive restaurant, not far from where I go several times a month, so I'll have opportunity to stop by again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home