Saturday, February 11, 2006

Missed opportunity at gas station. Sat, Feb 11, 2006.

02/11/2006. I exited the gas station going back to my car. At the next pump over from mine was a taxi, and the cabbie was outside of his cab. He appeared to be an immigrant. My focus was drawn to him indicating a contact was called for. Instead of approaching him directly, I made a guess as to his nationality and got what I thought would be the appropriate Book of Mormon from my car. But as I turned to approach him, he was driving off. If I hadn't wasted time digging for the book, I would have had time to politely make contact. Lessons: don't make guesses, and act quickly. I've been taught that before, but apparently haven't learned it. There's more to the story, but it's too personal. A lingering guilty feeling afterward indicated that I had screwed up and the need for a confession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home