Friday, February 10, 2006

Being single in the church. Stake Conf talk. Feb 4, 2006.

This talk was given by sister Jeannette Colonna at our Stake Conference Saturday session. Posted with permission. I'm guessing sister C to be in her late 30's.

The conference theme was marriage. And by what I consider to be great diplomacy, sensitivity, and inclusion, the stake presidency invited this sister to talk about being single in a church that focuses so much on the family.

Sister C gave voice to some things that many singles would like to say publicly in the church, but we usually don't have the guts to say them outside of our circle of single friends. Her talk was very diplomatic, and she obviously has a testimony.

I had to restrain myself from not giving this sister a standing ovation at the end of her talk. But if I had, I'm sure the other singles sitting near me would have joined in.

1 Comments:

At 2/16/2006 08:42:00 AM, Blogger Kage said...

Everyone in the audience must have found her relatable. For everyone has probably been offended by someone in the church (whether it was about being single or otherwise), and to see that she CHOSE a positive reaction and to continue her activity in the church despite the offensive incidents, is so inspirational. Satan sometimes uses us against each other. In the past few years I have had a hard time getting over a few offensive incidents, but I keep coming back to church and serving in my calling b/c of my space heater.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home