Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Moment #227. Several. Wed, Mar 16, 2005.

Book of Mormon Moment #227. Wed, March 16, 2005.
Arabic/Chinese/Chinese simplified/French/Hindi/Japanese/Spanish.
Ft. Collins, CO

On the way to the CSU campus, I stopped at a bank to use an ATM. Walking away from the ATM I saw a sign for some kind of language place. Bingo! I drove over to their parking lot, and took in a few books. A nice young adult lady asked if she could help me. I asked "Do you, or would you accept donations of books in foreign languages?" She said sure, and rattled off some languages they could use. I gave her three of the books I had in my hand, and said I had more in my car. I showed her the back of my "info flyer" that lists all 103 languages. I offered her a free copy in whatever languages she wanted, and that if I didn't have it in my car, I would ship them to her when I got home.

She was very positive and excited about the Japanese edition that I handed her. She immediately started flipping through it. I said it is a religious book, but she said she already knew all about it and Moroni.

She checked off: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Maya (Mayan), Navajo, Russian, and Spanish.

I was able to immediately deliver the Arabic, Chinese (both flavors), French, Hindi, Japanese, and Spanish.

We talked a little bit about foreign-born populations in Fort Collins and teaching English as a second language. She said that her organization and some of the schools are looking for Chinese speakers who can teach English. I told her about the many Chinese who I have encountered at local Chinese restaurants who could use ESL courses, and who were eager to receive the Book of Mormon. I mentioned that the owner/cashier at a certain buffet was bilingual and very good in English.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home