Sunday, March 13, 2005

Moment #222. Chinese at church dinner. Sun, Mar 13, 2005.

Book of Mormon Moment #222. Sunday, March 13, 2005.
Single Adults dinner, Arvada.
3 Traditional Chinese, 1 Simplified Chinese, 4 English to Chinese member

I went to the pitch-in dinner put on by the Denver Metro Area Single Adults at the Arvada (suburb of Denver) chapel on West 72nd and Alkire.

There was a good turn out, about 30 or 40 people. I met a guy from Taiwan. His family was Manchurian, but he grew up in Taiwan. He spoke Mandarin. He was talking with a guy who served in the Hong Kong mission.

I asked the guy from Taiwan if he had any Chinese Books of Mormon to give out to his Chinese-speaking friends, and he said no. I asked if he wanted any, and he said sure. I said "Hold on, I'll be right back" and got some from my car.

He didn't know how to order them from the Distribution Center, so I gave him the URL, www.ldscatalog.com. I gave him 3 traditional Chinese, and 1 simplified Chinese, and 4 English.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home