Friday, November 04, 2011

Korean, English to elders. Fri, Nov 4, 2011.

11/4/2011. Journal Entry. While traveling around the far side of town, I spotted two elders putting air in their bike tires at a gas station/convenience store.

I stopped to chat and see if they needed any church literature to give out.

They did need English copies of the Book of Mormon. The local mission office has cut back on the number of copies of the Book of Mormon they give to the full-time missionaries. I suppose that local members in the wards where missionaries serve need to make up the difference. They used to get 10 copies every 6 weeks, and now it's only 5 copies every 6 weeks.

I gave them one of my English copies, and showed them how I mark it with Post-It notes (at 3rd Nephi 11 and at Moroni 10:3-5), an info flyer, and custom-made pass-along cards.

They had recently received a referral request for a Korean Book of Mormon, but hadn't received the Koren copy from the office, so I gave them one of my Korean copies.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home