Thursday, September 01, 2011

Punjabi at gas station. Thu, Sep 1, 2011.

09/01/2011. 1292. Wow. It's been too long since my last placement attempt. Since the last blog entry, I've had a couple of missed opportunities that I didn't blog. It's too easy to get out of the habit, of offering people material, and of blogging.

Tonight I was on my way home from a friend's house and due to a road closure, I had to take a different way home than I normally do. I passed a gas station where I think I had offered/placed material a couple of years ago. Gas stations usually have some turnover of employees, so I figured it was time to try again.

I went in a bought a newspaper, and the two cashiers seemed South Asian (ie, from India, Pakistan, or Bangladesh).

I asked my cashier if he spoke Hindi or Punjabi, and he said Punjabi. I offered him a book in Punjabi from my church, and he agreed to receive it. I made sure he knew it was Christian material, and he was okay with that. So I went out to the car and retrieved a Punjabi copy of the Joseph Smith testimony. I wrote the phone number from the Book of Mormon pass along card (888-537-2200) on it, the local mission office number, and my name and number. I went back in and offered it to him, and he graciously and gratefully accepted it. The other cashier seemed interested too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home