Thursday, June 02, 2011

French at gas station. Thu, Jun 2, 2011.

06/02/2011. 1283. I was on an errand to another part of town and stopped for gas at a gas station that I haven't been to in a while. I went in to pre-pay. The cashier spoke with an accent so, after paying I asked where he was from. He said Niger. I asked if he spoke a certain language from there, and he said no, but he did speak French, and another language that I hadn't heard of before.

I offered him a free book and video in French from church and he agreed to receive them. So after I put gas in the car, I brought back in a French Book of Mormon, and a DVD of "Together Forever" that has a French audio track.

There was no one in the check-out line when I went back in, so I presented the material to him and he gratefully received them. He said he had seen book before but hadn't read it. I didn't offer him an English copy, but I showed him the phone numbers on the flyer and card inside that he could call to get an English copy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home