Saturday, April 30, 2011

Punjabi at gas station. Sat, Apr 30, 2011.

04/30/2011. 1280. I was out of town on a trip and stopped to get gas. I paid at the pump, but went inside to buy something. The cashier was a native English-speaker, but a couple of other guys, who seemed to be the owners or managers, were behind the counter speaking a foreign language. They were leaving just as I was done, so I asked one of them if they spoke Punjabi (just a guess on my part.) He said yes, so I offered him some free material from church in Punjabi. He agreed to receive it, so I went back to my car and retrieved a Punjabi copy and an English copy of the Joseph Smith Testimony pamphlet. I wrote my name and number on the back of one of the pamphlets, and the 888-537-2200 central missionary number (from the Book of Mormon pass along card). He was going to his car, so he stopped near my car and I presented them to him.

I was all out of Punjabi Gospel Fundamentals; and the church distribution center was out of them too, last I checked.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home